We’re Hiring: Junior Front-End Developer
AT DESIGNDOUGH, WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THAT BIT EXTRA. WE WANT SOMEONE WHO IS READY TO COME AND SHOW US THEIR MAD WEB DEV SKILLS!
The Us Bit:
We believe that having the right team is intrinsic to getting the best outcomes and this is why we are now looking for a talented Junior Front-End Developer to join us in-house. We work with a variety of clients through varying sectors across Wales and the UK and are looking for someone with brilliant organisational and communication skills – you need to be able to clearly explain your ideas and work to both technically, and non-technically minded people!
This is the perfect opportunity for the right person to continue to develop their skills, grow into a role integral to our studio, and help our web developer, Rhys, keep all of our web projects beautifully organised and on track, whilst keeping clients updated!
The Work Bit:
Your main responsibility will be the production, revision and maintenance of websites, emails and web applications’ user interfaces. You will be responsible for an ever-changing variety of client project requirements, so it’s crucial that you keep your eye on the ball. The role is technical, but will still involve early stage involvement in project and concept planning – at designdough, everyone’s voice matters, so you need to be able to confidently communicate your ideas and contribute to studio discussions. An appreciation for good design would also be great!
Not only will you receive a competitive salary depending on your experience, you’ll also benefit from:
- unlimited free tea, coffee and biscuits
- a luxury creative work environment
- an open, laid-back and friendly atmosphere
- your own iMac
- custom built standing desk (standing optional!)
- access to our games room
- easy commuting links
- staff social events throughout the year
The Essential Bit:
- An understanding of HTML5/CSS
- WordPress experience and knowledge
- Attention to detail and an understanding of user experience (UX)
- Able to implement and test projects thoroughly in an ordered and strategic way
- Hard working and pro-active
- Ability to plan workloads effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with the web developer to provide accurate timing estimates for projects
- At least 2 years web development experience
The Desirable Technical Bit:
- UX analysis and design
- Task Runners (e.g. GRUNT, GULP)
- Angular JS
- SEO and Analytics Experience
- Ability to use basic illustrator/photoshop functions
- Previous creative agency/studio experience
- Knowledge of Accessibility
- Knowledge of Data Protection and Web Security
The You Bit:
Our clients deserve the very best, so you will have a great eye for design and detail, a readiness to go the extra mile and have a logical, ‘No probs’ attitude. You’ll also be able to confidently talk to clients about the development process in a way that they will understand (not everyone knows what dev is!) and you will have the ability to resolve problems in a calm and effective manner, knowing when to escalate issues if needed. You also need to be able to communicate with clients in an open, friendly and confident manner – our clients need to be able to rely on you to be a key point of contact for their web projects – you may not always know the answers to their questions, but you need to be driven enough to want to problem-solve for them and feed any issues back to key team members in a timely manner.
We work in an amazing studio and have a fun, high-energy team. As we spend so much time together, we’re looking for someone who fits in, is willing to get stuck in, go the extra mile to help out and isn’t afraid to show how passionate they are about what they do. You’ll also have to be prepared for a pool challenge or two!
The Other Bits:
Monday: Friday 9am-5pm
Responsible to: Director
To Apply: email email@example.com with a killer Cover Letter and a glittering CV.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES!